I just got my Peeple. It's charged. The monster peep hole is installed. The packaging looks professional and very well done. The device looks very sleek. The instructions are easy and the app seems straightforward. I am disappointed that I can't see who is at my door, only who was at my door. I backed the kickstarter because my office is in my basement and I need to know who is at the door not who was at my door. It looks like I'll be keeping my Presence camera set up in my front window aimed at my front door. I'll be honest, at the moment I'm not seeing the usefulness of this device. I'm kickstarter backer #539
  • Jess J I strongly agree with this. With the Peeple installed over the peep hole, it's impossible to see who is outside your door at this very minute. I mean, you COULD detach it from its magnetic mount, but that round plastic bit attached to the door makes it rather awkward and uncomfortable to use the peep hole.

Right now my Peeple is sitting on my desk, and I have a very very expensive monster peep hole. Keeping a close eye on https://trello.com/c/MrzZVGbW/3-create-live-view-mode-so-users-can-look-at-the-picture-in-real-time so hopefully it's eventually useful for my desired purpose. I hope the update associated with that Trello ticket lets you look at the Peeple *any* time and not just when it detects a knock, because I have a door bell :P
  • Adam Dylla I am having this exact sentiment, except that I don't have a fallback. We have been waiting for the device since we heard about the kickstarter. My wife and I only ever see us opening the door and already inside our house. We have yet to see someone walking up to our door on video.